4.16.2012

our Easter...

every year this little life i've been given grows richer.
i'm thankful every day.  but there's this one day apart from those other 364 that i'm overwhelmed by God's grace in my life.  my debt has been paid!
seriously?!  new mercy every morning and a love too big to fathom... i'm so undeserving, but still, He chose me.
we've only just begun to explain this to Asa.  until he fully understands the love of the Father, i pray he sees it through his momma and daddy.  

John 20 blows my mind, every time.  gosh, how amazing would it have been to be standing there with Mary Magdalene when Jesus appeared to her!  how fantastic!
J and i talked about this for a bit Easter morning and then went to fetch the babes from their beds...

their Easter pails were filled with just enough little goodies...
a vintage childrens book for each : Peter Cottontail for Ace & Little Red Hen for Belle
they also both got antique paper mache eggs with treats inside
Asa got peeps bunnies, a couple chocolates, and a train whistle {to add to his growing collection}.
Belle got baby MumMums and a small antique ceramic bunny.




after a Neese's sausage and orange cinnamon roll breakfast, we dressed in our Sunday best and headed off to worship with our Branch family.
an egg hunt for the little kiddos followed service.  it was Asa's first!  a precious sight!



after this, we headed to my parents' for the day...
it's sorta rare to have all my siblings together {there are 5 of us} and pretty special when it happens.  i think so, anyway.  
my grandparents and cousin were in town as well. 

{brother Grant, Justin, brother Stacey, brother-in-law Justin, Asa, my dad (or "Ba-ba")}

{sister Gretchen, mom, sister Kathleen, Belle, me}


it's become my Grandpa Sullivan's tradition to bring Ace a giant carnival pop every time he visits.  Asa loves it.

Bellamy and her 'cousin' Truitt {my sis Gretchen's Vizsla}

 such a good day.
 J and i went to bed with full hearts that night. 
thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment